Sunday, January 31, 2010

"Same Kind of Difference As Me"/ PRAY WITHOUT CEASING : LESSON 1

I have mentioned this book in past posts but wanted to talk about what God has taught me through reading it. I want to first say that it's very important to read the Bible before any other book but with saying that I also believe that God has his HAND on other resources to encourage/grow our spiritual walk. God has used this book in my life at this moment and I just wanted to share! Before I start I urge everyone to purchase it (I got a great deal on Amazon.com), it's an amazing story of how God used a woman to bring two men into each other's lives to impact a city, and now it seems the nation. Please comment and let me know if you have read it or plan on reading it- I would love to blog with you about it!

I wont spoil the book but during a rough time in Ron's life God reminded him to "PRAY WITHOUT CEASING"- God struck something in my heart that I believe he is trying to teach me. First HE convicted me about being in the Word and Praying FIRST thing in the morning. In the past I would've thought as long as I do my quiet time 'sometime' during the day it's fine. But as I thought about those words "PRAY WITHOUT CEASING" it was clear how can I do that on a daily basis if I am not allowing myself to be filled with HIS Word and Spirit first thing in the morning. I realized that the moment I wake up insecurities, stress, 'to do' lists flood my mind and my heart. Instead of trying to carry all of that weight around I believe HE is calling me to GET UP earlier and learn how to TRULY depend on HIM! Even if that means I have to get up at 5 :30 am before work- I will not say it's going to be easy and that I wont struggle but I want to know what it's like to TRULY live a life by PRAYING WITHOUT CEASING and I believe God is trying to tell me.
I guess blogging about it will help hold me accountable! I will continue to post lessons that God is whispering to my heart- MORE TO COME!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Ashley, It's Sara Jane. Gosh-I can't believe you are back in the Boro. I always check the Alfonso's blog and I just saw a link to yours so I thought I'd see how you are all doing. Your lil man is beautiful. Here's my email if you want to catch up or meet up sometime: SaraJaneflowers@gmail.com.
    I have read that book too! It really touched my life and I totally recommend it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HEY SARA!!! I would love to catch up! Keep checking out the blog- I just got their second book so I am going to start it this week. I hope you guys are doing good!!!

    Ashley

    ReplyDelete