Thursday, February 4, 2010

"Same Kind of Difference As Me"/ PRAY WITHOUT CEASING : LESSON 2

Hey guys!! I hope everyone has had a great week and you have taken a moment to spend time with GOD before you start your day- I must be honest I failed a little and ended up doing my study on my lunch break a few days! Oh the power of LAZINESS.
Here is what GOD taught me this week:

1 Thessalonians 5:17 "Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give THANKS in ALL circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you." -WOW- LOVE THAT.

At different points in my life I have struggled with what God's Will is for my life and I believe this scripture reminds me that REGARDLESS what is going on- life decisions, sickness, the day to day struggle- I can choose to "rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks, and be reassured that THIS is HIS WILL for my life. This isn't easy either- Life is tough, stressful, and wonderful and sometimes it's all three at the same time!! But God is reminding me to be in a prayerful attitude and always give HIM thanks regardless of circumstances, the world, and even my own heart!

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!

2 comments:

  1. I needed to read this and be reminded that whatever is happening, even through my own fustrations and selfishness, He is faithful to me and whatever He puts in my path is his will and through both trials and triumphs I need to praise Him. Thanks for posting this Ashley!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! Thanks for the reminder. SO easy to get caught up in the, "poor me". But to know that where I am right now is where He wants me is so comforting, and I need to be thankful no matter what.
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete