Sunday, February 28, 2010

Unbearable Pain!

Last week one of our close family friend's 19 year old daughter passed away from a car wreck. This week I have been following Layla Grace's blog (www.laylagrace.org). She is a beautiful 2 year old girl dying of cancer and I cannot get this family off of my mind. Saturday morning my mother called and told me one of my friends from high school (Candace and Kevin Moon) gave birth to her son at 21 weeks and lost the baby- Carson James Moon. My pain shifted and hurt a little deeper because I know this family. I cannot imagine the sense of loss, the emotions, and all of the questions. There is so much heartache, grief, and pain happening all around me- it's overwhelmingly unbearable at times (and it's not even happening to me directly). As I took about 30 minutes to message Candace staring at the cursor trying to find the 'right' words to say- I came up empty so I offered the only thing I have- PRAYER! My heart physically hurt for this precious mother, I started crying and I felt the Lord whisper "Remember what I went through?" WOW- He endured the greatest pain of all- watching HIS SON suffer and sacrificing HIM for US. My pain grew larger but gave a glimpse of HOPE that even when people ENDURE the most they can bear HE is carrying us, guiding us, whispering to us, reminding us- HE HAS CONQUERED IT ALL. HE is our HOPE. This is my prayer to all of my family and friends who are in the midst of the biggest storm in their lives. I am on my knees- PRAYING you will feel his Peace- his HOPE.

1 comment:

  1. I am a friend of Elizabeths and was just stopping by. I decided that this year will be the one that we all watch The Passion of the Christ. My daughter is 11 and I think mature enough that she needs to see the movie to grasp a little more what Jesus did for us. Thanks for posting this and I will try to stop in more often!!

    ReplyDelete