Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Unexpected Blessing

I came home from work last night feeling exhausted as I am getting over my 60th cold for the year (a little exaggeration). I walked in to kisses from my son and my wonderful hubby cleaning out Wilson's closet (thanks honey). We of course needed groceries but Ryan suggested we go feed the duckies before the dreaded Walley trip. It was hot but thought it would be fun to see Wilson throwing the bread at the ducks.

As I watched Wilson on Ryan's shoulders throwing bread I was overwhelmed, God quietly reminded me to soak up this moment. And I did, I know when Wilson goes to school, graduates High School, gets married, has his own family I will never forget seeing him follow his daddy around the river as we fed the duckies. It was a special moment for me! I love when the Lord allows me to see HIM through these memories. This is an early HAPPY FATHER'S DAY to Ryan, it makes me smile to see Wilson imitate everything he does!! Ryan- you are an amazing Father- thank you.


1 comment: