Wednesday, September 2, 2009

"WHATTA MESS"

Keeli, my cousin Amberlee, and I have started a devotional together and it's so great! I wanted to share with you what GOD taught me today.

The last few months I have felt a strong feeling of "NOT HAVING IT TOGETHER."  Come on you know the feeling- I am sure most new moms feel this way at some point but I didn't think it would last as long as it has.  Even when I journal, do Bible Studies, pray, and go to church that sense of "I AM A MESS" still carries on in my head!  But today GOD is changing that.  The devotion reminded me that the enemy was stealing my joy and confidence I have in the Lord and myself. The devotion spoke on Mark 14:6-9 of the woman who poured her perfume on Jesus' feet.  Everyone scorned her and said she could use that to sale and give to the needy - But Jesus said, "Let her alone.  Why are you giving her a hard time?  She has just done something wonderfully significant for me.  You will have the poor with you every day for the rest of your lives.  Whenever you feel like it, you can do something for them.  Not so with me.  She did what she could- she pre-anointed my body for burial and you can be sure that wherever in the whole world the message is preached, what she just did is going to be talked about admiringly."  

WOW-It was amazing to be reminded that God has my back even when I am fighting a battle against my own mind and heart.  He clearly said the same thing to me today "She did what she could."  I want to strive to do everything for His Glory and do all that I can- I thank God for reminding me that no matter what he whispers "LET HER ALONE- SHE DID WHAT SHE COULD."

"By this we shall know that we are of the truth and reassure our heart before him; for whenever our heart condemns us.  God is greater than our heart, and he knows everything." 1 John 3:19-20

2 comments:

  1. What a great post Ash! God is SO good and love us no matter what. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your the best! Love my luvs!

    ReplyDelete